Top 5 Best Anti Snoring Devices: Snoring Mouthpieces and Mouth Guards Reviews
At least 30% or one in every three adults snore every night or occasionally. Snoring is the sound that the vibrating respiratory structures produce and it is as a result of narrowing of the airways as you sleep. It affects the quality and quantity of sleep that you get, and in many instances, it is a sign of sleep disorders such as insomnia and sleep apnea.
Snoring can be annoying, and this is the reason why people are always seeking solutions. And, the great thing is that there are different things that you can do to stop or reduce it. One of the most efficient ones is the use of anti snoring devices.
There are three different types or groups of people that are likely to shop for these devices. The first group is those who have been snoring all their life and have never been able to stop it while the second is those who just realized they snore. People with partners that have this problem make up the third group, and they are shopping for the devices to help their partners stop it so that they can get some sleep.
Regardless of the group that you are in, the fact is that you will want to buy the best and most useful. But, for this to be the case you should understand how they work and the things to look for so as to buy the best anti snoring devices. For people who sleep with snoring partner, you can use the best headphone for sleeping to get a better night's sleep.
Top 5 Best Anti Snoring Device 2018- Snoring Mouthpieces & Mouth Guard Reviews
1. My Snoring Solution Jaw Strap Sleep Pack
Snoring can be annoying, and it is hard to get any sleep when sleeping next to a person that snores. But, you will never have to worry about it again if you buy this Jaw Strap from My Snoring Solution. It is one of the best solutions on the market for people that snore from their mouth and almost 100% percent of those that use it are at least able to reduce it if not stop it altogether.
It has a sling-like design and some wide straps that ensure that it remains in place throughout the night and this is what makes it the best snoring mouthpiece.
This strap has a thoughtful design and high-quality material that makes it lightweight and very comfortable. The splits around the ear are also an excellent addition and it can not only fit everyone but also gives a custom fit.
This strap is machine washable, and you also get a 90-day money guarantee. Which means that you have nothing to lose by buying it as you can always get back your cash.
- Wide enough at the top for maximum comfort.
- The design is perfect as it helps to ensure that it remains in place all night long.
- It is not too hot when you sleep wearing it.
- Most users say that it is very effective in stopping their snoring.
- This strap will not affect your gums or teeth, and it will also not cause drooling or dry throat.
- Unlike most others, it will not pinch your lips or tongue.
- It comes in a size that can fit anyone.
- It is quite expensive, and this is more so if you compare it to others on the market.
- The materials lose some of their elasticity over time, and this can affect its effectiveness.
- Restless sleepers might not find it very useful as it works best if you do not keep moving your head.
- You will lose the ability to breathe through the mouth when using it.
- It will not work for those that snore as a result of a nasal blockage.
2. SnoreEX(TM) Advanced Anti Snoring Device
It is not simple to pick the best snoring aid, but most people tend to agree that the SnoreEX is by far one of the best on the market. Unlike most others, it guarantees you instant results which mean that it will prevent you from snoring the very first day that you use it. It does this by ensuring that there is maximum airflow through your nasal passages and it comes in a pack of four so that you can get the right size for your nose.
This device is a soft and comfortable silicone material, and so you will not even notice it in your nose. Silicone also ensures that users do not get any allergic reaction and it is also a durable material that you can use for long.
Even if you do not have any prior experience with similar devices, you will not have any trouble using the devices as they are just straightforward. And to top it all up, the device will stop you from snoring naturally, and it is non-invasive and without any side effects.
- It is from soft materials that are very comfortable to wear.
- You get instant results because you will not snore from the first time you wear it.
- It also expands and strengthens the nasal passageway.
- SnoreEX is a discrete and un-obstructive device.
- The device is affordable, and you get a pack of four which gives you value for your cash.
- There are no allergic responses associated with this anti snoring device.
- Finding the right size for you is not always easy.
- Some users complain that they keep falling off as they sleep.
- It is not a permanent snoring solution.
- The plastic smell is too strong for some users.
3. Intelliguard Pro Mouthpiece Adjustable Night Guard Bruxism Sleep Aid
The IntelliGuard Pro is a modern anti snoring device that allows users to mold it so that they can get a custom and comfortable fit. To get the customized fit, you only need to submerge the device in hot water for a while and then bite it.
It also uses a Precision Lock Technology that holds it in place as you sleep and the best thing is that you can change it when you want.
Apart from the ability to mold it to a precise and comfortable fit this device is also very effective in dealing with snoring and this explains why it costs much more than others on the market. It also has some precise measurements which will help users to calibrate it to the settings that they desire.
And if you also add in the fact that it has a Bruxism Support that prevents teeth from grinding you will have an excellent anti snoring mouthpiece.
- You get to customize the fit and style of the mouthpiece.
- Built-in flexibility makes it possible to adjust it to conform to different teeth and mouth sizes.
- The measurements are easy to read and this, in turn, makes the device easier to use.
- Precision Lock Technology helps to make sure that it remains in place all night.
- It offers Bruxism support and hence preventing teeth from grinding as you sleep.
- IntelliGuard Pro is an expensive device which is a turn off for most people.
- The device will take a lot of time to get used to, and this is more so for first-time users.
- This device has a mechanism for preventing teeth from grinding, but some users complain that it is not very useful.
- Some people complain that it feels bulky in their mouth.
4. Vital Info NasalVent Balance Snoring Aids
The NasalVent Balance from Vital Info are some new snoring aids with an impressive design to help individuals who have snoring issues. They are soft, comfortable snoring aids which you insert in the nose before you go to sleep and they will remain place all night long.
Their design is ergonomic which makes them comfortable and hence perfect for wearing throughout your sleep as they will not interfere with your breathing or sleep in any way.
The nose-lock mechanism is also a perfect addition to this device because it holds it in place so that it will not rub or slip out as you sleep.
These affordable sleep aids come in a starter pack that comes in 5 different sizes to make sure that you can get something that is a perfect fit for your nose. The pack also includes an extra small one for children that parents can use to discourage mouth breathing from an early age.
In case the snoring aids are too big the soft silicone material makes it possible for a user to cut or trim them to the size that they desire. These impressive features are what make this the best anti snoring device or at least among the best ones.
- It comes in five sizes including an extra small one for kids.
- This snoring aid does not slip out when you are sleeping.
- The design and material ensure that it is not noticeable when you are wearing it.
- Ergonomic design makes it very comfortable.
- It is a useful anti-snoring device that is also very affordable.
- You can use this product for many years without having to change it.
- The soft silicone is easy to cut, and so you can still adjust the size of these aids for a custom fit.
- It will still not work well for restless sleepers as they keep moving their head.
- You can feel it in your nose, and this can be annoying.
- Some individuals still cannot get used to them even after a few months of use.
- Lack of filtering system means that it can allow small insects to enter your nose.
- They have an annoying plastic odor when they are new, and so you have to do some thorough cleaning.
5. Breathe Right Extra Tan Nasal Strips
The Breathe Right nasal strips are what thousands of people across the world use every day to deal with their snoring. These strips have been proven to open up the nose way much more than the conventional nasal decongestant sprays. And so apart from helping you deal with your annoying snores it can be very effective for dealing with cold and allergies.
The strips are also up to 50% stronger than the regular or original ones from Breath Right, and their spring-like band ensures that just one is enough to serve you for the entire night.
If like most people cost matters, these strips guarantee that you get value for your cash as they come in a box of 26 and they are also very cheap. They also work instantly, and their design makes it hard for them to fall out as you sleep.
You also do not have to agonize over allergic reactions because users do not report any and they are also drug-free. Users will have an easy time with them because using the strips is just straightforward.
- They are very efficient in stopping snoring for most users.
- Most individuals find them comfortable to wear.
- It feels amazing to breathe through the nose when you are wearing the strips.
- These strips are perfect for individuals with sensitive skin as they do not cause any reactions.
- Unlike other snoring aids they also offer relief from the congestion that comes with allergies and colds.
- They are among the cheapest snoring aids on the market.
- Tan strips are up to 50% stronger than the regular ones.
- Easy open zip strip and flip-top box make life easier for users.
- They create a lot of trash as there are many things to dispose of after using them.
- Sometimes they can come off when you roll around in your sleep.
- These strips will leave some red marks that last for a couple of hours.
- Some users also complain of some pain in the nose when using them.
How Snoring Devices Work
Anti snoring devices come in different designs, but their working mechanism is the same because their aim is to keep the airways open as you sleep.
There are different types of these devices, and they also perform the task of keeping the airway open differently. The MAD (Mandibular Advancement Devices) is the most common, and it works by holding and maintaining the jaw in a forward position. Its mechanism of work might sound a little awkward, but it is useful in preventing your jaw from falling back as you sleep. And, you will not even notice any effect on your jaw position as you sleep.
Some other devices have a hinged design and they also work by holding your jaw forward, but they allow natural movement of the mouth and breathing. TRD (Tongue Retaining Devices) on the other hand keeps the airways open by holding the tongue forward. It does not apply any pressure on your jaws, and this is why most experts find them safer than the MAD. There are also Chin-up and Nasal Strips which are adhesives that also work by ensuring that the airways remain open.
What To Watch Out For In The Best Anti Snoring Device
You should not have any problem finding an anti-snoring device, but the only issue that you may face is finding the best. But, this should not also be a predicament because you only need to consider a few factors so as to get the best snoring solutions. Here are some of these important things that you need to take into account.
Adjustability is one of the first things that you should consider before choosing an anti-snoring device because it determines comfort. The greatest blunder that most people make is to brush off the adjustment thinking that it will not make any significant difference and hence opting for something cheap that is not adjustable. Adjustability also affects the fit of the MAD because it is what ensures that you always get a custom fit.
Gums are delicate, and so any device that you choose to use should be not only soft enough but also safe.
Every manufacturer will always claim that their devices are from the best materials but to ensure that you get something safe you should always go for something that is BPA free. BPA is a chemical that industries use in the manufacture of plastics, and it is important to know that it is toxic. This chemical can get into your system, and experts associate it with congenital disabilities, miscarriages, diabetes and different types of cancer. And so, you should not just look for something soft but also a device with safe materials.
3. Life Expectancy
Life expectancy is always an important factor to consider when shopping for anything. But, when it comes to anti snoring devices most people tend to overlook it. A cheap device might seem perfect because it will help you save some cash but if it cannot serve you for long, it is not worth it.
Quality is what determines the life of an anti-snoring device, and there are many ways that you can tell whether a device is high-quality or not. First, you should consider the type of plastic material that makes the device. Secondly, look at the manufacturers and their reputations because some companies are famous for the production of high-quality ones. The best snoring mouthpiece has a life expectancy of anything between 6 and 12 months.
Snoring might be annoying, but even as you want to deal with the problem, it is important to make sure that you only spend what you can afford. These devices come with price tags that range between $30 and $300 depending on the quality and manufacturer which means that you can always get something that is within your budget. Although it might be tempting to buy the cheapest in the market, it is important to consider the value that it will give you.
Keep in mind the fact that if you buy a cheap one you might have to replace it several times a year. But, if you purchase a medium price one that is within your budget you will only need to use two or even one in a year.
5. Breathing Hole
Some devices come with a breathing hole, and many others do not have one. Most people do not think that it is an important feature and so they will overlook it when shopping for their anti-snoring device but this is a mistake.
You have to consider how you breathe, and this is more so when you are asleep. If you breathe through your nose as you sleep, you might not need a device with a hole for breathing. But, if you think or know that you are a mouth breather, it is a good idea to make sure that what you buy has one. But, make sure that the hole is not too big because this can lead to a whistling sound which can be more annoying than snoring.
Snoring is not just annoying because it also affects the quality of sleep that you and your partner get every night. But, you can solve the problem by buying the best anti snoring device or one that is effective in reducing or stopping the snoring. You should also recognize that the snoring might be a result of an underlying medical condition and so a checkup is a good idea.