How To Choose The Best Latex Pillow – Top Reviews 2017
A few years ago most individuals did not know about latex pillows as they were not common. However, people have been changing their preferences over the years as more and more people discover the many benefits that come with this filling type.
In fact, the latex pillows are now among the most popular headrests, and you can find them in many homes. And this is because they are not just comfortable, but they offer many other benefits. However, to enjoy the advantages that come with them, you have to know how to choose the best latex pillow.
Benefits Of Using Latex Pillows
- Comfort: Comfort is one of the key reasons why most people will prefer to buy headrests with latex filling. The latex material is quite dense, and it will always hold its softness and shape for longer than most others which are what makes the pillow very comfortable. Also, it has some elastic properties that will allow it to flex as you sleep.
- Antimicrobial Properties: Latex pillows are allergen free, and this is thanks to the antimicrobial and mildew-proof properties of the material. And so it will not allow dust mites and other common allergens to grow. These pillows are suitable for people with allergies.
- Maximum Support: If you are looking for something firm that will always offer your head maximum comfort, latex is the filling material that you should choose. Although it is a sturdy material, it will not prevent your head and neck from getting the support that they need as you sleep. Also, the filling will adjust to the movement of your head, it will not go flat for many years, and you will also not need to keep fluffing it.
- Latex is Breathable: latex is one of the most breathable filling materials, and it will also not absorb any body moisture which means that you can always be sure that your head will remain dry as you sleep and the pillow will also stay clean for many years.
- Ease of Maintenance: Your headrest requires some maintenance so as to keep it clean and fresh. But with latex, this will be very easy because the material does not need often cleaning and in case you have to do some maintenance a simple spot cleaning with water and soap is enough.
Top 5 Best Latex Pillow Reviews 2017
1. Latex Foam Pillow by Simmons Beautyrest
Many things define the best latex pillow, but comfort and durability are what most individuals value most. This beautiful one from Simmons Beautyrest has them both and many other benefits. It is 100% latex foam, and it also comes with a soft case that is 100% cotton.
The Simmons Beautyrest pillow has antimicrobial properties, and so you will never have to worry about bad odors or pathogens. Foam rubber pillows like this one are very useful in relieving pressure points as you sleep as it cradles the neck and head well. It is very resilient which means that you do not have to keep fluffing it because it bounces back to its original shape. It is available in three sizes (king, queen, and standard) and you also get to choose from different firmness options.
- It uses natural latex filling.
- The fillings have antimicrobial properties, and so they inhibit the growth of pathogens and bad odor.
- It has a soft and durable 100% cotton case.
- This pillow is easy to maintain because the case is removable for washing and you can spot clean the pillow.
- It cradles the neck and head well and relieves pressure when you are sleeping.
- Simmons produces it in three different sizes.
- The material and the construction make it a very durable pillow.
- Some users find it too bouncy.
- It does not work as well for back sleepers as it does for side sleepers.
- This pillow is very thick, and so it will be uncomfortable for those that do not like sleeping with their head high.
2. 100% Organic Latex Contour Neck Pillow by OrganicTextiles
Although the headrest material is always the most important thing, the design also matters because it affects the level of comfort. The contour on this one is perfect because it ensures a correct alignment of the spine and supports the neck, head, and shoulders.
This pillow has 100% organic latex which makes it safe for both the user and the environment. It has a soft and comfortable case that is 100% cotton. You will also not have to worry about things like dust mites, mold, bugs and bacteria when using it as it is resistant to them. And if you also factor in the breathability and impressive price tag you have the best latex pillow for a good night's rest.
- It is an all natural pillow from organic latex.
- The contour is very useful as it helps to align the spine well and support the neck, head, and shoulders.
- It comes with a soft and durable case that is also 100% organic cotton.
- This pillow is very breathable, and you can be sure of maximum comfort in all seasons.
- Users never have to worry about bacteria, dust mites or mold as it is resistant to all of them.
- It feels more springy and dense than the memory foam pillows.
- It has a mild smell of rubber which can be annoying if you are very sensitive to smell when sleeping.
- The neck support is still not sufficient for some users.
- Some individuals complain that the cover does not fit well.
3. MALOUF Z 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
The Zoned Talalay latex pillow is a unique headrest that uses natural material and a unique design to offer maximum comfort and to eliminate common sleep pains. It is a 100 % natural Talalay latex pillow that has some comfort zones for your neck and head.
Zoned Talalay offers a flexible and soft response which is just what you need for your headrest. It has a ventilated design for increased breathability and to enhance air circulation, and it is available in all comfort and loft options. Also, it comes with a soft and luxurious velour cover, and it is mildew proof and also resistant to dust mites.
- Malouf Z is a natural Talalay latex pillow without any synthetic additives.
- The plush density makes it ideal for both back and stomach sleepers.
- It is a very breathable headrest that will always maintain a perfect and comfortable sleep temperature.
- The Zoned Tech provides superior pressure relief on the neck and head.
- It is dust mite resistant and mildew proof.
- This Talalay pillow comes with a soft, luxurious and removable velour cover.
- Unlike other types of pillow it will not retain any moisture, and it is also easy to clean.
- Some users claim that it has a strong rubber smell when you get it from the box.
- The high loft is not as high as what you get from other top brands.
- It has a big, and cumbersome feel and it will require some time to get used to it.
- This pillow is quite expensive.
4. Brooklyn Bedding Talalay Latex Pillow
Talalay latex makes some of the most comfortable pillows, and if you buy one from a trusted name like Brooklyn Bedding, you can always be sure of a top notch product.
The material is very consistent and breathable, and so you can be sure of a comfortable sleep. It is also resistant to the growth of microbes, and it is also hypoallergenic meaning that individuals with allergy issues can still use it.
Although this pillow is very affordable, it will also save you a lot of cash in the long run because it maintains its form and remains comfortable for many years. It also comes with a beautiful bamboo charcoal cover that is removable and washable.
- The Talalay latex is resistant to microbe growth and also hypoallergenic.
- This rubber foam is also very consistent and breathable.
- You will not have to buy another pillow for many years because it will keep its form and remain comfortable for long.
- The bamboo charcoal cover is removable and washable.
- It is an affordable Talalay latex pillow.
- The weight is perfect, and it makes the pillow ideal for snuggling/hugging.
- You get a three-year warranty and an impressive 120-nights trial period.
- Some users find it too firm, and they also complain that it causes some mild neck pains.
- The headrest is only available in queen and king sizes, and you can only get it in plush or firm.
- Zip and tag are on opposite sides, and so one will always be exposed when you put the pillow inside a pillowcase.
5. GOODREAM Talalay Latex Pillow
GOODREAM produces this pillow from an all natural Talalay latex material. This material makes it very flexible and elastic which are some of the main features of a good headrest, and this explains why it is among the few pillows with an Eco-Institute certification.
It is a very breathable pad with thousands of holes to improve air circulation and to maximize the dispatching of heat. Also, it is anti-mite, non-toxic, anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic which means that anyone can use it because it does not trigger any allergic reactions. The flexible and elastic material ensures that you get enough support for both the head and neck while the removable cotton case gives it some extra softness.
- GOODREAM Talalay latex pillow is one of the few pillows with an Eco-Institut certification.
- The 100% latex material ensures that you always have a restful and comfortable sleep.
- This pillow is anti-mite, anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic and non-toxic.
- You get an impressive five-year warranty when you buy this Talalay latex pillow.
- It is a very soft pillow with a removable cover.
- The thousands of holes in the pillow improve air circulation and make it one of the most breathable headrests.
- It has an elastic feel and offers excellent support for both neck and head.
- It flattens a lot when you put your head on it.
- This pillow is too dense for some people.
Five Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Latex Pillow
You can be confident of getting countless benefits when using a latex pillow, and this explains why they are very popular. However to get the benefits above and many others you should make sure that you choose the best from the many types and brands on the market. And for this to be so, you should always consider the important factors below when shopping for one.
1. Intended Use
Before you go out to buy a latex pillow, you should first determine how you intend to use it because this will affect your choice. Decide whether you plan to use it for sleeping, watching TV or reading a book in bed or when traveling.
It is imperative to know that the ideal size and firmness of the pillow will always depend on the intended use. Also, your sleeping position will influence your choice because the perfect size and height for those that prefer to sleep on the side are different from those that like sleeping on their back or stomach.
2. Latex Types
There are three different types of latex filling available, and so you will also need to choose the best for you among them. These kinds are synthetic, blended and natural. Natural latex comes from rubber tree sap; synthetic is a mixture of some petrochemicals while the mixed version is a combination of the two.
The natural latex pillow is what most people prefer because it is environment-friendly and it does not have any chemical scents. However, it is also expensive, and so when shopping on a tight budget, you might have to go for synthetic or the blended versions.
3. Contoured or Shredded Latex
Once you determine whether to go for natural or synthetic latex, you will still need to make a choice between contoured and shredded latex. Both have some merits and demerits, and so it is important to understand them so that you make the right pick.
Pillows with shredded latex are not very supportive for the neck, and the shredded pieces also make them very fluffy. Although they are not very supportive they can change the shape of the pillow to adjust to the sleep position of the user which makes them perfect for individuals that turn a lot as they sleep.
The contoured version, on the other hand, is very supportive for both the head and neck. This pillow is also sturdy, firm and the contour design ensures that it conforms well to your head, neck shape and even when you have a throbbing tooth pain at night. But, it can be hard to find one with the precise contour or shape for you.
4. Size Of The Pillow
You also need to consider the headrest size which in this case means the height and length. Your sleep position will play an important role when choosing the size and it is what should guide you.
For example, a side sleeper will require something with some extra height so that it can support the gap between the head and shoulders adequately while the stomach sleepers should go something flat. Sometimes it might also be necessary to have many latex pillows in your bed so that you can change them when you adjust your sleep position.
5. Price And Customer Reviews
Price is a vital factor that you will also need to take into account when choosing your pillow. It is important to know that a natural latex pillow is pricier than the other ones and so you have to consider your budget before you make your choice.
Also, make sure that you spare time to read latex pillow reviews before you buy so that you can know the experiences of other individuals that use it. Knowing what others think about the pillow will help you make a better and more informed decision.
A latex pillow will make your sleep comfortable and help to ensure that you get the restorative slumber that the body requires. This headrest comes with many other benefits such as maximum support, ease of maintenance and breathability. However, it is essential to make sure that you choose the best latex pillow from the many types available on the market but this should not be a problem if you remember the five points above.