Best Noise Cancelling Headphones For Sleeping
It is impossible for most individuals to sleep in a noisy room and it is because of this reason that some will take measures to soundproof their home or bedroom. But, this will require a significant investment in both time and money which some individuals cannot afford. Sometimes it is also not possible, and a good example of this is when you live in a rented apartment.
There are other ways of reducing or canceling noise when trying to sleep and headphones are some of the most beneficial ones. However, you need to buy something that is high-quality so that you can get all the benefits that come with the best headphones for sleeping. For this to be so you will need to understand how to choose a good pair.
Benefits Of Using The Best Headphones For Sleeping And Noise Cancelling
There are many brands and types of headphones available out there, but not all will serve you well or help with your sleep. Only the best can help you solve your sleep issues which, in turn, comes with numerous other advantages. The key benefit that you get from using the best is that they are capable of blocking or canceling most types of sounds. Although any headphone can block out noise, only the best will ensure that you will not hear any unwanted sounds.
With these kinds of headphones, you also get the ability to choose the kinds of noises to let in. For example, mothers will want to hear still their kid crying. By buying the best, you ensure that this is still possible because they use modern technology that allows you to hear particular types of noises if you want. Although these headphones are for sleeping, you might also want to listen to some soothing tunes as you fall asleep. The benefit that they give you when listening to music is that you will not have to crank up the volume because the headphones will cancel out any external noises. Cancellation of outside sounds means that you can still hear your tunes at low volumes.
Buying the best noise cancelling headphones for sleep also saves you money. A good pair of headphones might seem expensive, but it will serve you for many years meaning that it will be a long time before you need to replace it. Going for a cheap brand always seems like a good idea, but the chances are that it will not be very effective in canceling noise and it will also lose some of its abilities as it grows old hence necessitating a replacement.
Top 3 Best Headphones For Sleeping And Noise Cancelling Reviews 2018
If you are searching for high-quality or the best headphones for sleeping this product from CozyPhones will work well for you. It is a very handy device that will help you sleep or relax in noisy environments. These headphones come with thin and well-cushioned speakers that are also removable. The thin and flat profile of the speakers means that they will not put pressure on your ears when sleeping on the side.
The headband can also double up as a sleep mask as you only need to pull it down and over the eyes. Unlike most others, it is a lycra material which means that it will not overheat and it will also block out light to ensure that you sleep well. This product also comes with a 1.5-meter cord that is flexible and very durable. Also, it can work with most mobile and audio devices which make these headphones ideal for other things like yoga and meditation.
Things We Liked
- The thin and flat speakers do not put a lot of pressure on the ears when sleeping on the side.
- These fabric headphones have a lycra material which will never overheat as you sleep.
- They produce a clear sound that is good enough to listen to some relaxing music or tunes.
- This product will work with any mobile or audio device.
- Each set comes with a 1.5-meter wire that does not tangle and is also very sturdy.
- The sleep headband can also work as a sleep mask, and it is lightweight, washable and very comfortable.
- Kids will also love it because it is also available in animal-themed styles.
- The price is excellent, and this is more so because it works as intended.
Things We Didn't Like
- It comes in only one size, and so it will not fit people with large or small heads well.
- Speakers are hard to line-up with your ears, and they also do not stay in place well.
- The wire is tangle free, but it can still bother you as you sleep.
- You have to keep adjusting the position of the speakers inside the headband.
2. Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
If you are looking for the best noise canceling headphones and are willing to spend some extra cash on them the QuiteComfort 20 from Bose is a perfect choice for you. It is a modern looking pair of headphones that uses advanced technologies to ensure that you never have to worry about noise as you sleep or when you want to relax. They are compact and comfortable when wearing which is thanks to their exceptional ear tips design.
These lightweight headphones weigh only one and a half ounces, and they come in a stylish cloth carrying case with a zipper to keep them safe. Their design and features work best with Apple devices, but it is still possible to use them with other smartphones and audio devices.
The sound quality that you get is also fantastic, and this means that you can still enjoy your favorite playlist in a noisy environment. This device also comes with a convenient control module that lets you switch it on/off or turn to the Aware Mode that allows you to hear the sounds around you.
Things We Liked
- They are compact headphones and very comfortable to wear.
- The sound quality is fantastic, and so you will enjoy listening to music.
- This device uses some modern technologies for noise cancellation.
- We love the fact that the rechargeable battery can last for up to 16 hours.
- The Aware Mode is fantastic because it lets you hear sounds around you just by pushing one button.
- This device has a superior ear tips design that will ensure that users get a soft and secure fit for maximum comfort.
- Controlling the device is very convenient thanks to the slim control module.
- The built-in remote and microphone make it possible to take calls and even control the music playing on your smartphone.
Things We Didn't Like
- These headphones are quite pricey which is a huge drawback for most individuals.
- Although we like the sound quality, it is still not as good as what you get from other top brands.
- The battery is rechargeable but not replaceable which will reduce the lifespan of the product.
- You have to keep the volume very high for the noise cancellation feature to be useful.
3. Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose makes everything from the best earbuds for sleeping to the best headphones. And so even before you use the QuietComfort 25 the reputation of the manufacturer is enough to convince you that it is a top notch product. Anybody that uses it will agree that it does not disappoint because everything from the noise cancellation to the quality of the sound is fantastic. These headphones provide enough noise cancellation to ensure that you can listen to some music when traveling or when in noisy environments.
The powerful sound that these headphones produce will make every music lover happy, and they also look very stylish. They come in standard black and white color but just like with most others from Bose color customization is possible at an extra cost. Also, their inline microphone and remote make it possible to answer calls and control music without touching the phone.
Things We Liked
- They are also compatible with most Android, Blackberry, and Windows smartphones.
- These headphones will provide a significant noise reduction or cancellation when traveling.
- The sound is deep and powerful which makes them excellent for listening to music.
- QuietComfort 25 is lightweight and also very comfortable around the ears.
- The inline microphone and remote make it possible to control music and take calls on your Apple device without touching it.
- They come in a distinctive design and are available in black and white shades.
- Transporting or storing them is easy since the earcups pivot and fold flat which makes them fit the lightweight case that you get for free when you buy them.
Things We Didn't Like
- Sound quality is okay, but you can still get something better at that price.
- They are expensive headphones, and so you should be ready to spend some extra cash to own a pair.
- There is no auto-off function which means it is easy to leave it on.
- This device runs on AAA batteries, and it does not have a built-in rechargeable option.
How To Choose The Best Noise Cancelling Headphones For Sleeping
You cannot easily sum up the benefits of getting the best headphones for sleeping. But, if you are buying your first pair or you do not know much about them choosing the best is not always simple. However, a little knowledge or understanding of the factors that define the best is all that you need to make sure that you get something that will help you solve your sleep issues. And for this, you should always consider the following important factors.
There are different types of noise canceling headphones available on the market, but the right one for you will depend on the situation that you will be using it in many instances. The main categorization according to type is wired or wireless. To make a choice between the two you should determine whether you intend to use it when sleeping at home or when traveling. Wireless ones are convenient for most people as they do not tangle when your turn in your sleep.
The chances are that you will not wake up at night to remove the headphones from your ears. It is because of this that you should ensure that you buy headphones that are as comfortable as possible. Avoid those with hard plastics around the ear because they will irritate you and make it hard to fall asleep.
Headphones with soft foam around the ear and a shape that fits your ears perfectly and comfortably are the best for you. The headband should also be adjustable and of a quality material (a quality material should not overheat) as this also affects the comfort.
A good idea is always to try out the headphones before you buy because this will give you some impression of how they will feel on your ears.
Noise canceling headphones also come in different styles or designs, and it is important to know and keep the traditional ones in mind when shopping. When it comes to style, you can choose from in ear, over the ear, around the ear, on ear and headsets.
There are sleeping headphones that come in all these styles, but it is important to note that each will have some benefits and demerits. Each of these headphones is also suitable for different applications, and so you have to choose something that conforms to your particular needs.
Modern sleeping headphones come with numerous features, and it is important to choose something with some nice features. However, there are some basic qualities that make the device helpful for your sleep.
These basics include noise reduction and noise-cancellation. A good headphone should have both because they combine well to eliminate all kinds of noise. Apart from these essential features some devices will also have Bluetooth, fast charging, and high-resolution audio.
If you just want something to keep the noise at bay as you sleep a basic one with noise cancellation/isolation is ideal but one with some extra features is good if you also want to use it for entertainment.
Price is and should always be an important factor to keep in mind when shopping for headphones. Whereas you can find noise cancellation headphones for slightly over $100, many others will require you to spend more than a thousand dollars to own them. And so, you should never overlook the price because regardless of how much you need the headphones it is a terrible idea to go for something that you cannot afford.
Also, make sure that you do not go for cheap ones so as to save some money because they are also low quality in most instances. Something with a reasonable price tag that is also within your budget is the best but also make sure that whatever you buy has all or most of the features that you want.
The best noise canceling headphones for sleep will help ensure that you can get some rest regardless of the level of noise coming from your neighbors or roommates. Taking some time to shop around and compare different brands with the factors above in mind is the surest approach to ensuring that you get something that is beneficial to you.