Best Thin Pillows For Back and Stomach Sleepers
It is a fact that you should get enough sleep every night if you want to stay healthy. However, it is not just about the amount of time that you spend in bed but also about the quality of the sleep that you get. And to make sure that you always get enough and high-quality sleep, you need to have a good pillow.
There are many types of headrests out there, and the right one for you will in most cases depend on your sleep position. One of the most common or popular ones is the thin pillow.
The slim headrest looks like someone squashed it with a steam roller but this is how it should look like to ensure it serves its purpose. Although anybody can use the thin pillow, it is the best pillow for stomach sleepers. There are also many types of this headrest in the market, and so it is important to know how to pick the best among the many.
Top 5 Best Thin Pillows For Back and Stomach Sleepers 2018
Who Should Use A Thin Pillow?
The primary purpose of using a slim headrest is to ensure that your spine remains straight and that your head gets enough support as you sleep. And so this means that anybody can use a thin pillow regardless of their style of sleeping. However, it seems to work best for those that prefer to snooze on their stomach and back.
The reason for this is the fact that the head of back and stomach sleepers tends to be closer to the mattress than those that prefer to sleep on the side. And so using a pillow that is too thick might make you sleep with your head in quite an awkward position.
People that suffer from neck pain can fix the problem by changing their pillow to a thin one because it ensures a proper alignment of the spine and neck as you sleep. Also, these pillows are perfect for those that prefer to sleep pillow-less because they provide a flat surface for the head and they do not feel too bulky.
Some parents will also prefer to use slim pillows to transition their kids from their toddler pillow. The change in height from the toddler pillow to a thin one is not much, and so most kids will find them very comfortable. Also, most children tend to prefer to sleep either on their back or stomach which makes this the perfect pillow for them.
Pregnant women can also benefit from one because they can use it to support their stomach so that they can get a comfortable angle for sleeping. Slim pillows provide added support and cradle the belly to ensure that a pregnant woman can sleep well without rolling onto her stomach entirely.
Top 5 Thin Pillow Reviews
1. Xtreme Comforts Slim Hypoallergenic Shredded Memory Foam Standard Bamboo Pillow - The Best Pillow For Every Type Of Sleeper
First Impressions: The soft cover with some perforations and the "bamboo" and "Kool Flow" print is the first element that takes your attention when you first get this Xtreme Comforts pillow from the box. It also looks very soft, and you can tell that it is very comfortable even before you lay your head on. The size is also just right, but it also has a strong smell that is hard to miss. However, the smell should dissipate after a while.
Features And Benefits
- Kool Flow Cover: Xtreme Comforts combines their Kool-Flow technology with 43% bamboo to make one of the most breathable covers that you can have on your pillow.
- Design and Filling: It comes in a slim design with a height of 3.5 inches which ensures that the head gets just the right amount of elevation. The company uses shredded memory foam for the fillings which guarantee that your headrest will never go flat.
- Hypoallergenic: Allergy sufferers can use it comfortably and enjoy high-quality sleep as it is hypoallergenic.
- Machine Washable: For easy cleaning and maintenance this pillow is machine washable, and so you will never have to sleep on a dirty pillow.
- Warranty and Guarantee: Xtreme backs this product with a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee and a 6-year warranty.
- Allows for extra air circulation and ventilation to keep you cool throughout the night.
- It is hypoallergenic and hence perfect for individuals with allergies.
- The shredded foam will not go flat in the lifetime of the people.
- It is machine washable for easy cleaning.
- This Xtreme Comforts slim pillow provides relief from common sleep problems including insomnia and back pains.
- Ideal for side, stomach, and back sleeping.
- It promotes proper alignment of both neck and spine.
- It has a strong smell when you get it from the box.
- Some users might find it a little under-filled.
- This headrest will not work for individuals that do not like slim pillows.
2. Bluewave Bedding Ultra Slim Cool-Gel Memory Foam Pillow- The Best Pillow For Back Sleepers
First Impressions: With this headrest, two things draw most people to it which are the soft bamboo cover and the blue color. The color is a result of the blue cooling gel that the company infuses to the foam, and it is one of its most outstanding features as it enhances air circulation and keeps it fresh and dry. Also, the rounded top and flat base give it a unique shape, and despite it being a thin pillow it still manages to give the head sufficient elevation and proper alignment.
Features And Benefits
- Cooling Gel: Bluewave Bedding adds a blue cooling gel to the memory foam mix to enhance air circulation and provides excellent temperature control.
- Texture and Firmness: It feels soft but not overly plush which makes it ideal for sleeping in various positions. Although it is a thin pillow, it still manages to strike an excellent balance between texture and firmness.
- Size and Shape: It is a standard size 24 by 16 inches headrest with a loft of fewer than 2.5 inches which makes it the best pillow for back sleepers that prefer something thin and firm. For the shape, it is rounded on the upper side and flat on the base for extra stability
- Cover: This Bluewave Bedding pillow comes with a removable and washable bamboo cover that is very soft and useful for regulating temperature and wicking away moisture.
- It is an ultra thin pillow with one rounded side and the other flat.
- This Bluewave Bedding headrest is a perfect choice for the back and stomach sleepers.
- It provides excellent support and is very comfortable.
- Although it is soft, it is not overly plush like other brands.
- Cool-gel memory foam provides temperature controls and extra air circulation.
- This Bluewave Bedding Ultra Slim cool-gel pillow is hypoallergenic, anti-bedbug and anti-microbe.
- The bamboo cover is removable and washable.
- It is firmer than most people anticipate.
- The flat nature of this pillow will take some time to get used to it.
3. Elite Rest Ultra Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow, Cotton Cover
First Impressions: The thinness of Elite Rest Ultra Slim pillow is hard not to notice, and it is what will always catch the attention of most people. At a loft of 2.5 inches, it will probably be the thinnest pillow that you will ever come across. And so anyone looking for a truly flat headrest will love it. Also, the unique half-pillow design that consists of a flat base that prevents it from shifting and a rounder upper section for comfort is also very impressive.
Features And Benefits
- Design: This headrest has a unique ultra slim design that also entails keeping it flat at the bottom to prevent shifting and rounding the top to ensure that it molds to the head correctly.
- Size and Loft: The Elite Rest Ultra Slim pillow is a standard 24 by 16 inches but what sets it apart from the others is the 2.5 inches height or loft.
- Cover: In addition to being very comfortable this ultra thin pillow also comes with a soft and removable cotton cover that is very easy to clean.
- Other Features: It is a hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and bed bug resistant which makes it suitable for anyone even those that have allergies.
- It is suitable for both back and stomach sleepers.
- This Elite Rest pillow is thinner than most others on the market.
- Anyone can use it as it is hypoallergenic.
- The flat bottom ensures that it does not shift as you sleep.
- It is also anti-bacterial, anti-microbe and bug resistant.
- The soft memory foam sinks well and conforms to the shape of your head.
- The memory foam has some hard spots.
- Just like any other thin pillow, it takes some time to get used to it.
- Elite Rest thin memory foam pillow does not remain cold enough, and the air circulation is not the best.
4. Elite Rest Slim Sleeper - Natural Latex Foam Pillow - The Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers
First Impressions: The pin-hole design in this pillow is the first thing you notice when you take it from the box. It gives it a distinctive appearance but is also one of the reasons why many users describe it as the best pillow for stomach sleepers.
These holes look like decorations, but they serve a vital role because they enhance the breathability and ventilation to ensure the headrest remains fresh and comfortable all night. Also, it is impossible to miss the softness of the cotton cover and even before you get a chance to use it, you can tell it is very comfortable.
Features And Benefits
- Material: It is a 100% natural latex pillow, and so you can be sure that you will be putting your head on something that is hypoallergenic, anti-fungus, anti-dust mites, mildew resistant and anti-microbial.
- Design: Elite Rest makes it in a pin-hole design that ensures that it remains breathable and very comfortable for sleep.
- Cover: The outer cover is pure cotton that feels very soft to the touch and comfortable for your head. Also, it is removable and washable to make the pillow easy to maintain.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of this headrest are 24 inches (length) by 16 inches (width) and with depth or height of 2.75 inches that is perfect for stomach sleepers.
- It is a 100% natural latex pillow.
- The 2.75 inches loft makes it perfect for stomach sleepers.
- It comes with a cotton cover that is soft and comfortable and also easy to clean.
- Pin-hole design allows for more ventilation and breathability
- Elite Rest thin latex pillow has a medium firmness as it is neither too hard nor too flimsy.
- This Elite Rest headrest is quite weighty despite being a thin pillow.
- It will take many nights to get used to it.
5. TruContour Firm Thin Memory Foam Pillow
First Impressions: TruContour makes this pillow for side and stomach sleeper and so if one of them is your favorite sleep position you will know that it is comfortable just by looking at it. It is not as thin as the others on the market, but it is also not as thick as regular pillows. The 3-inch height is just perfect when sleeping on the side or your stomach. Also, the soft cotton cover looks comfortable and very breathable, and the best thing about it is that it is organic.
Features And Benefits
- Material and Firmness: TruContuor makes this pillow from medical-grade memory foam gel which helps to make it one of the best thin pillows in the market. It is also available in soft and firm options.
- Cover: The cover is a removable and washable organic cotton fabric. It is super-soft, it has double stitching for durability, and it is very efficient in enhancing breathability.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of this pillow are 24 inches (length) by 16 inches (width) by 3 inches (depth).
- Hypoallergenic: The material makes it hypoallergenic to ensure even allergy sufferers can use it and it is also resistant to microbes, bacteria and dust mites.
- TruContuor is a perfect pillow for both back and stomach sleepers.
- You can choose between firm and soft.
- TruContour makes it from comfortable and durable medical grade memory foam.
- This headrest is both resistant to dust mites and hypoallergenic.
- It comes with an ultra premium cotton cover that is soft and washable.
- This pillow is heavier than most thin ones on the market.
- It does not feel flat enough for some users.
- The firm one can be too hard before you get used to it.
How To Choose The Best Thin Pillows For Back And Stomach Sleepers
The slim headrests come with many benefits for back and stomach sleepers, and most of them cannot sleep without one. However, there are almost countless alternatives in the market, and so it is important to know how to pick the best. And to make sure that this is the case you should consider the following essential factors when choosing your thin pillows.
The filling material is one of the key things that you should consider to ensure that you get the best pillow for back sleepers. There are many options available when it comes to the filling material, and so your choice will depend on your personal preference.
Memory foam pillow is a traditional stuffing material, and people love it because it conforms to the contours of your neck and head and it offers sufficient support. But, it also has some demerits with the main one being that it does not breathe enough.
Latex pillows are more breathable than the memory foam ones and can conform to the shape of the neck and head, but they also tend to be expensive. The other favorite material is feather or down which are very durable, breathable and soft which makes them quite comfortable but you might need to keep fluffing them to get the thinness that you desire.
Apart from the thickness, you will also need to consider the size of the pillow if you want to sleep well. Size will depend on factors like your type of bed, sleeping style, and personal preferences. If you sleep on a full or twin size bed, you should go for a standard size pillow, but you can also go for a twin one if you prefer to have more space on your pillow.
There are also sizes available for those that sleep in queen or king beds. It is important to know that if you go for something that is too small or large you will not get the many benefits of a thin pillow and you will not sleep comfortably.
The best flat pillow for back and stomach sleepers is one that is breathable enough to ensure that your head remains cool as you sleep. Many factors determine breathability with the stuffing material being the main one. However, the construction will also determine how effective the circulation of air will be on the pillow. And so it is important to ensure that whatever you buy guarantees maximum breathability.
The thin headrests might not be the most expensive item in your bed, but you still cannot ignore the price when shopping. But you should not just go for the cheapest one so as to save some cash. In most cases, the price tends to reflect the quality, and so the pricey ones offer the best quality and also last longer than the cheaper ones. And so the best idea is always to choose the best quality that you can afford.
Other Factors To Consider
To make sure that the thin pillow that you buy gives you the best service there are a few other essential factors that you have to consider. These factors include the ability to retain shape for long, hypoallergenic and resistance to dust mites and bacteria. Also, you need to ensure that the pillow that you buy is easy to clean and that it comes with a high-quality and removable case.
Taking some time to look for the best thin pillow for stomach and back sleepers will ensure that you get a restorative sleep. The fact that there are many types and brands of these headrests on the market means that you can always be sure of getting something that will work well for you. But it is vital to know how to choose from the many types, and for this, the six points above will come in handy.