Zen Chi Organic Buckwheat Pillow Review
Nothing beats a buckwheat pillow when it comes to comfortable and breathable headrests. But it is also vital to choose one from a company that you can trust like Zen Chi. For this pillow, they use natural buckwheat for the filling and a cozy case that is 100% cotton.
This headrest also has a zipper on the cover that makes it possible to refill or remove some of the hulls so that you can get your desired volume and size. It is also easy to adjust this pillow to your desired position for perfect neck and spine alignment, and it is ideal for those that are allergic to feathers.
Features and Design
- Filling: The filling material is 100% natural buckwheat hulls. These husks are more breathable than synthetic pillow filling, and they are also very comfortable.
- Case: The cover is a natural cotton material that is soft and also very breathable. Also, this case is machine washable and does not stain easily which makes the pillow maintenance easy.
- Sizes: It comes in four sizes which are the Japanese (14x20), King (20x36), Queen (20x30) and the twin size (20x26).
- Zipper: There is a zipper on the case that will make it possible to add or remove some of the buckwheat husks so that you can customize the firmness of your pillow.
- It is a chemical and odor-free organic buckwheat pillow.
- This pillow is very breathable, and it will not get hot at night.
- You can adjust it to reduce snoring and improve body alignment.
- It guarantees maximum comfort and support by conforming to the shape of your head and neck naturally.
- The soft and comfortable cover is 100% organic cotton.
- You can customize the quantity of the buckwheat hull on the pillow to suit your particular needs.
- It comes in four different sizes to make sure you can get something that suits you.
- This pillow provides firm support, and it will be an excellent choice for the side sleepers.
- It works great for individuals that are allergic to traditional feather fillings.
- It has a funky smell, but it should go away after a while.
- Like most other buckwheat pillows it is a bit noisy, and this is more so for those that move a lot when sleeping.
- The zipper on the case will only open up to a third of the pillow's length. And this makes the filling and emptying a little tricky.
- It is not suitable for those that prefer less firm and softer pillows
Zen Chi makes this organic buckwheat pillow for those that prefer to sleep on something firm and comfortable. It will be a perfect choice for side sleepers but anyone else that wants something cozy that does not get hot will also love it.
And since both the filling and case are natural materials you will never have to worry about the smell and effects of chemicals on your pillow. But what most people seem to like about it is that the firmness is adjustable and it is available in four different sizes.
Like any other product, there are some shortcomings with this buckwheat, and they include the funky smell and the fact that the zipper on the case is not long enough. However, if you are looking for the best buckwheat pillow, this is still and an excellent pick for you.